Wednesday, March 16, 2011
hose water
Tonight at dinner I took a big drink of water from my glass and it was hose water. HOSE WATER!!! We do drink tap water here, but it usually does not taste like hose water. I exclaimed "WOW, this tastes just like hose water! Boy that takes me back..." and Steve gave me a look that was a combination of "are you on CRACK?!" and "oh crap, my wife has officially leaped off the edge..." "HOSE water?" he said. "HOSE water," I replied. "Here, taste it." With a look of skepticism, he took my glass and took a swallow. A look of childish delight crossed his face and he said, "Oh! HOSE water! I get it now! I thought you were nuts, but it makes total sense. This definitely tastes like hose water." (I actually wish I could have taken a picture of his face at the moment that it clicked.) Then I lamented the fact that my kids will probably never know what hose water tastes like and also thought about the fact that although I drank from the hose all the time as a kid, now it seems like kind of a gross thing to do. Ha.... guess I'm a grown up now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment