I think the "two" post should have been yesterday, but I kind of lost count. And I didn't want to ask you to time travel again. I know that was probably hard on you last week. So here it is today.
The two things Carter says that just make me all warm and fuzzy inside right now are "but" and "comin' up". Carter used to have a bit of a stutter. I don't know if he was still "thinking in Chinese" and struggling to find the English word(s) for what he wanted to say or if he was just thinking faster than he could speak, but he did have a noticeable stutter on the first word of his sentence. I've noticed that the stutter is gone now, but he's replaced it with "buhhhhhhhht". So you might hear, "buuuhhhhhht I was trying to do that and I just can't." "Comin' up" has all kinds of uses I never knew about! "Hot chocolate is comin' up!" "Look in my teapot! Comin' Up! It's fish!" "Pizza comin' up!" "And den, comin' up. It's blueberries."
I'm going to have to try to get them both on video because the written descriptions do not do them justice. They make me want to scoop him up and tell him how much I love him. And sometimes I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment