Thursday, December 12, 2013

two!!

A week ago today (do you see a theme here?) Carter had been ours for two years.  TWO YEARS!!!  I can't believe it's only been two and then just like with Molly Kate, I can't believe it's already been two.  Next week, he'll turn FIVE.  I'm really struggling with that.  I feel like he was two just yesterday.  I know that Christmas time will always make me wonder where the time has gone with those two kids. 

Carter's changed so much since we met him and yet he is still the same boy we fell in love with in those early days.  His joyful smile can still light up a room - and lights up my heart every single day.  Carter's still the most likely of our children to be "into something".  And he's still the most afraid of being caught in the act (too bad that fear doesn't seem to deter him from getting into mischief - it only serves to prompt him to hide while engaging in it!).  He is a sensitive soul who is just as likely to cry if he's hurt someone else as he is if he's the one who's been hurt.  He can't let go.  He'll cry again 20 minutes from now over something he did 20 minutes ago that has long been forgotten by everyone else.  I love his tenderness and then again it often drives me a little batty. 

It's been a joy and a blessing to call him ours these two years and to watch him grow from a toddler into a young boy.  I can't even begin to imagine the changes we'll see in these next two years when I'll be back to say that he's... gulp...turning SEVEN.  I know one thing - it will be an adventure!


No comments: