It struck me this morning and literally took my breath away - we're so busy preparing for this trip and getting the bigger kids settled and planned for that it somehow failed to occur to me that, accounting for the time change, one week from today we will be meeting our daughter. SEVEN days. Wow.
We've waited for what seems like ages and ages and now it's all happening so fast! You won't hear a complaint from me, but it's just not seeming very real. This will be our shortest start to finish adoption because we reused our dossier, but in some ways it has seemed very long. It seems just surreal that it's all coming to a close. In three weeks we will be home and our family will be complete. I'm just in awe.
I'm praying these days that Molly Kate will be covered in God's Grace and feel His loving arms around her as she transitions to our family. I'm also praying for her foster mom. Likely Molly Kate is already back in the social welfare institute since the Chinese believe that separating them from their foster parents early keeps them from associating the loss of the parents they have known with the arrival of their new family. Still, her foster mom must be grieving for the little one she has raised for over 2 years. May God bless her for sacrificing her heart and sharing her home with a little girl she knew she wouldn't keep. I know we will always be indebted to her.
Five got kind of deep! I'm sure four will be a little more frivolous. Tomorrow is a big packing day and will likely fly by far too quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment