This past year has been another challenging one for us, if I'm being honest. I don't say that to call my boy out in a public forum, but because I know that some day, years from now, he's going to read this. I want him to know that some of our years weren't blissful because I'm so certain that we're going to work our way through this that I know that there will come a day when the tough times are a distant memory. Maybe he'll be struggling with a child of his own. I pray not, but if he is, I hope he can look back and realize that he was a challenge and turned out just fine in the end.
I'm excited for seven. I think seven is a big change year. He'll finish his first year of all day school and I think he'll finish out his time as "little boy". His face is already changing as more and more of his adult teeth come in. His thoughts are becoming more complex and his questions more thoughtful. His imagination and his art are still fanciful (he's drawn every single Minion that ever could have existed, I think), and I love that about him. His jokes are still....usually lacking...but that makes them funny all the same.
Colby is still my lovable, sensitive, tickle-tastic, funny, artistic little imp and I love him and his many dimpled smile more than words could ever say.
1 comment:
Hey, Colby. When you read this note from your mom, no matter how many years down the road, know that she loves you. We walked our Taiwan adoption journey together and I remember praying for you every time we prayed for our boys. I can't see a picture of you without thinking about the long conversations I had with your mom...the waiting...the anticipation. Always know how much you are loved and wanted.
Post a Comment